Luiz Carlos Trabuco Cappi will be taking the position held by Lázaro de Mello Brandão who has finally decided that he is ready to step down and enjoy his retirement. Considering he is 91 years old and his term lasted for 25 years, it’s certain that his time there at the Banco Bradesco bank was much appreciated.
Banco Bradesco is one of the oldest banks in the country of Brazil. They are also one of the largest ones there. Their current market value is second to the top performer in the country. Now that Lázaro has stepped down they must find a replacement. Cappi will hold the office for about 6 months. The bank will made a selection by then.
Cappi follows Brandão who began his career at the young age of 16 back in 1943. It was a different time then, but one that is very like the state of finances in Brazil today. His long career in the financial sector of business has helped make Bano Bradesco what it is today. He served there acting as the bank’s leader and is dedicated to that service. Cappi began his much the same, and will set a precedent for whomever the bank chooses.
The bank has always held a position of hiring from within the bank for those positions. This one will be selected from one of the current employees, according to a released statement made by the bank at a recent media release event. Here are some of the choices from which the bank can select the person to replace
– Brandão and Cappi as his interim CEO.
– Mauricio Machado de Minas has worked in the bank’s IT department since 2009 and is 58 years of age.
– Alexandre da Silva Gluher has worked as the Chief Risk Officer and is 57 years old.
– Domingos Figueiredo Abreu is 58 years old and has worked in the bank’s lending department since 1981.
– Josué Augusto Pancini works currently handling the high income accounts at the bank since 1975. He is 57 as well.
– Marcelo de Araujo Noronha is the youngest candidate at 52 years old. He has worked for the bank in the card processing department.
– Octavio de Lazari has handled the insurance for the bank since 1978 and is 54.
– André Rodrigues Cano has taken care of human resources for the bank and was promoted this past year in December. He is 59 and has worked at the back since 1977.
Luiz Carlos Trabuco Cappi, as the Managing Director of Bradesco can hold the position until March. It is certain that he is capable and will be able to return to his duties as the bank’s Managing Director then.
Cappi received his master’s at Fundacao Escola de Sociologia E Politica and his undergraduate from Faculdade de Filosofia. He is well respected in his country and is a member of several lofty groups. One of which is Mesa Regedora. His service at the bank Bradesco began at a young age. He was 17 at that time. He started as a clerk and rose to be the managing director and vice president.
Now he is holding the top two positions until he is able to hand the role of CEO over to the selected candidate. The new replacement for Brandão will face a country which has dealt with serious financial burdens over the last few years. Reminiscent of the time when the bank opened though, it is certain that Banco Bradesco will prevail as one of the top banks in the country.